Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Run like the wind - October 29, 2009

In the morning Olaf carried Thea outside to potty. She did pee and had to be carried back inside. When I woke I again took the kids outside. Thea does not like to be on leash so I decided to take it off her. We have a fully fenced yard so I felt safe in that she would not run away.

With her leash off she cowered for a few seconds then off she ran like the wind! She looked so happy to be running free. She chased and ran and tumbled. She, Trik and our most recent adoptee, Prix, seemed to become a little pack. The three of them just ran and played.

When it was time to come in she had some trouble. First with the screen, she doesn't seem to understand that there is something there even though you can see though it! Then it was up the step onto the deck. She does not like hard surfaces. The wood of the deck scares her. She did not want to come through the doorway, I had to pull her through. Once she was on her carpet inside she was fine. We have 3 differend sized throw rugs in the family room: One the size of a large doormat in front of the French doors. Another which is a runner that runs along the "fishtank" wall. The 3rd is an 8'x10' area rug. She is now on the runner and does not want to venture off.

Luckily, Trik is coming to her. The play and wrestle. I have snuck back into the room to see her pawing at him with a huge smile on her face. I've been able to coax her to take a step onto the tile but I can tell she is uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment