Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Crate Swaping - October 30, 2009

Last night was good. We just left Thea stay on her area runner. She ventured off just a paw at a time. Night was good. Thea slept though the night. This morning Trik went to the Vet for his snip-snip so he isn't here to instigate trouble with Thea.

This morning we had breakfast in her crate, now I've left her crate door open to see if she will come out on her own. She did move into another crate while I was not looking and I was able to coax her front paws out but she is still very unsure about leaving the crate.

What horrible conditions she must have been kept in. I don't think she was beaten or hit because she is not fearful of people or the other dogs. I think she was left neglected in a cage. Her fur was so matted when she was rescued that she had to have her bum and tail shaved. I understand these dogs were left in pens outside, left to live in their own feces and urine. I just can't imagine...

I can see the trust building in her already.

No comments:

Post a Comment